Thursday, September 16, 2010

Byron Lee to Read at Duff's on September 27.


The next Chance Operations readings will be held at Duff's, 392 North Euclid, on Monday, September 27. Featured readers will be Sean Arnold, Julia Gordon-Bramer, and Byron Lee. An open-mic will follow the featured readers. Doors open at 7:30 p.m.; cover charge $3. Musical guest will be Dave Stone.

Byron Lee is a features writer for Limelight Magazine and River City Examiner. He is a graduate of Lindenwood University's MFA in Creative Writing program and has been published in Drumvoices Revue and The East St. Louis Monitor. He is a resident of North County.

Requiem

The fruit of your mind was
Mine for the taking, but I was
Distracted. Thorns from brittle branches
Cut deep. Ants, given the
Power of bulls, ran roughshod
Through my head.

Forgive me.

For running from the
Passion that pulled me in. For stepping
Back from the table with my cards
Held to my chest. For wanting a tailor-made fit, when your
Off-the-rack ways suited me
Just fine.

-- Byron Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment