Friday, January 27, 2012

George Stair Featured Reader at Duff's on Monday, January 30


George Stair will be one of three featured readers at the next •chance operations• reading at Duff's, 392 N. Euclid, will be Monday, January 30.

The other featured readers will be Jennifer Kronovet and Sally Van Doren.

Doors open at 7:30 p.m.; admission is $3.

Musical entertainment provided by Tom Bramer, formerly of Radio Iodine, who says:
Just me, my guitar, and a truck-load of computers, effects processors, and other assorted gear. Most of it will be improvised, because I'm generally too lazy to go to the trouble to rehearse anything.
Advance sign-up for the open-mic following the featured readers is encouraged. Click here to sign-up via e-mail.

George Stair says:
My background has little to do with writing. I studied mathematics, worked as a computer system designer and programmer, and taught programming to handicapped people. When professional employment failed me, I tried making and selling a frozen dessert. When that failed, I drove a taxi. That job provided emotional experiences with people that had to be expressed. Other experiences that inspired were travel and death. I am pleased and surprised when my writing connects.
African Woman

Newly transferred from Atlanta, she was going from a North County restaurant to her motel. I flirted, "You didn't learn to talk like that in Atlanta."

"I'm from Nigeria."

We chatted, normally, I thought.

At the motel: "Why don't you come see me on Saturday. We could have a good time." She gave me the room and phone numbers.

Finally, a line I've never heard from an American woman: "I don't want to have to masturbate myself."

-- George Stair

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the good writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it. Look advanced to more added agreeable from you! By the way, how can we communicate?
    !#: Sorel Women's Helen Of Tundra Boot... The Cheapest

    ReplyDelete