Thursday, January 24, 2013

Raphael Maurice To Be Featured Reader at Duff's on Monday, January 28


Raphael Maurice will be a featured reader at the •chance operations• reading at Duff's, 392 N. Euclid, on Monday, January 28.

The other featured readers will be Stefene Russell and Eric Schramm.

Doors at 7:30 p.m.; admission $3.00.

Advance sign-up for the open-mic following the featured readers is encouraged. Click here to sign-up via e-mail.

Lao Tzu/Roy Orbison

On a black road I
Burned a copy of the Tao,
Your favorite book.

Before the fire,
You were betrayed & sickened,
You left me crying...

Crying over you.
And so I will always be
Crying over you…

Forgive the river,
The trees are quite terrible
And you keep yelling

Pedigrees and such.
Woman, whose daughter were you?
I cannot name this...

With sunglasses on,
I sing for the drowned & the damned,
Fumbling for words,

My shoe polish hair,
Obscure as my Chevrolet,
’57 –- flat black –-

Begging the question,
What to croon about now, dear,
Near the escape route?

-- Raphael Maurice

Note: "Lao Tzu/Roy Orbison" was originally publishing in the UCity Review, Issue 3, December 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment